I have never quite had an inclination to reading challenges, until the end of 2018. For, reading has always been a pleasure- a way to keep myself occupied in those hours I find for myself. But well it is 2019, and with all things around me generally taking a whole new turn, it seems just fine to bring in a bit of an excitement into my reading passion too. Signing up this year for the Write Tribe Reading Challenge, Book Challenge by Erin and the Goodreads Reading Challenge. Here I go.
Write Tribe Reading Challenge
A challenge where I need to commit to reading a minimum of 24 books and pick 12 prompts to aid me in choosing books.
- A book that is a translation: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- A book written by a female author: Notes for Healthy Kids by Rujuta Diwekar
- A book written by someone of a different nationality/color/ethnic group than you: Piecing me together by Renee Watson
- A book that was a gift: Half the Night is Gone by Amitabha Bagchi
- A classic you have never read: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- A book made into a movie: Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- A book written by an author who is new to you: Jasmine Days by Benyamin
- A book that has a mythical/imaginary creature: The Forest of Enchantments by Chitra Banerjee
- A book you bought just because of its cover/a book with a beautiful cover: Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
- A book on crime-solving: The Case of the Howling Dog by Erle Stanley Gardner
- A book recommended by a celebrity: South of the Border West of the Sun by Murakami
- A book your mom loves: Pyre by Perumal Murugan
The Book Challenge by Erin
This is a Facebook group where I signed up for the reading challenge. You may notice a bit of overlap here with the above mentioned prompts.
- Freebie: Jasmine Days by Benyamin
- Made into movie: Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Set in Europe: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- Newberry award winner: Piecing me together: Renee Watson
- Favorite of a friend or family member: Half the night is gone by Amitabha Bagchi
- Published over 100 years ago: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- 6 words in title: The Case of the Howling Dog by Erle Stanley Garner
- Compass or cardinal direction: South of the Border West of the Sun by Murakami
- Originally published in a different language: Pyre by Perumal Murugan
- Starts with N: Notes for Healthy Kids by Rujuta Diwekar.
The Goodreads Challenge
The Goodreads Challenge takes into count the number of books read. This was the only challenge I signed up for in 2018 where I had set a goal of 60 books. I fell short by 3 books to complete this in 2018. Hence, this year, instead of being overly ambitious and to keep the fun element in reading intact, I am going to keep this at 40 books for the year.
Kicking off this year’s reading with these challenges. Wish me luck folks as I set foot into these pages (ah well! No stress or sweat. Just pure fun)